Thread: Cat declawing
View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:16 AM

Now i by no means think declawing is appropriate. I have a cat that is not declawed and i would never consider declawing her. I wanted to point out that someone said that the cat would more likely bite then, and thats worst. that is worst but my cat would chose to bit over claw any day. I'v been bitten pretty bad once by her on the way to the vet because she hates car rides and i made the mistake of trying to cox her out of the carrier when we got to the office instead of letting the vet do it.(she would have got bitten too but had gloves on because she was aware of the fact that my cat doesn't care for anyone but me to pick her up and had bitten her before.) I also wanted to say that my grandmother had found a cat that was declawed. his name was kitter. at first we just ignored him thinking he was a naboirs cat and would go home. but he stuck around and sort of became her cat, but he always lived outside. my grandmother is blind and had an eye seeing dog that the cat didn't get along with so keeping him inside wasn't an option. he never had any trouble at all living outside with out his front claws. (he still had his back). I don't know if that was just rare or what cuz as i said before i'v never had a declawed cat. when he passed away the vet estemated him to be over 18 years old. he never had any problems what so ever without his claws. i don't personaly belive in declawing but i just wanted to let people know that some cats can do well without their claws.