View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Swift Tribe

rearnakedchoke do you plan on eventually feeding nonmeat items??

i also have a lab! i took Mister in to get weighed and we are looking at 95lbs. he is only 15 months (give or take, not enough coffee to COUNT this morning!!) at what point do you think your pooch stopped growing?

we have had him on a homemade diet for several months now. i think it took 2 or 3 weeks for the itchies to fully go away. we started out feeding only meats but found it to be more convenient to also give him our leftovers from us and the kids. through out all of the variety in leftovers, we havent had another bout with itchies although the few times we ahve tried kibbles he got itchy within a few hours through the next day.

also, dont get paranoid about the itchies. i did.! it was hard to remember dogs itchy!!

i was so bad, last night i boiled a whole chicken (WHOOPS pilfering from teh pets food!! ) to make chicken soup and gave him all the skin and cast off meat. im so bad but he sure liked it.

we have many members here who feed a raw diet and i dont think any two are alike (maybe we shoudl start another thread for this sort of thing?? hmm...) how do YOU raw feed so far?? do you feed supplements??

i think i will start a new thread.

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)