Thread: Annie
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Up Date on Tyra

Well Tyra is still not walking. She stands and walks a few steps and that is it. Took her for a check today and while she is not paralyzed she had defined weakness in her hind legs. She still is in a little pain but that will pass. We put her on prednisone today for a week. We will evaluate her again next week and decide her treatment from there. We talked surgery, but at her age, she would not be a good candidate. So, aqua therapy, laser and acupuncture. If that fails, her dignity is still intact so she will just be my little special needs girl. She has only peed 4 times in the last week and pooped 3 times. The vet was not concerned because she has pain. We cannot use pain killers because that will just mask it and we need her to heal. As long as she is not attempting to move she is resting and healing her spinal cord. I feel like a schit because I was not watching over her as I was so concentrated on Annie. Annie, is out little rubber band dog. She bounced right back and is back to waking me up with her growlie bark, joined in by Miss Tyra.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else