View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:31 AM
banned user

On a personal note, My brother was 8 years old when he got his first husky, It was his first dog and it worked out perfectly! The dog was loyal to him and was his personal protection!And My grandma says that your never to young to have a husky, or anyother breed of dog for that matter. As lond as the dog is taught to be gentle and as long as the child has boundaries set and is taught not to yank on the dog or anything like that it should be fine. Huskies are gentle creatures when taught right. And a first time dog owner would be lucky to have a husky as a pet, As long as you Read up on them and maybe some professional training. But you mucst know your stuff! She says that the only negative thing she has to say aboutt hem is that they have to eat alot, and they are very vocal animals. She says that she would recomend a samoyed for a child more so than anyother.

I think that maybe you could look into a emerican eskimo dog, a miniature one, They look kinda like huskies but are smaller and maybe better for a child. Just a suggestion! Keep us updated!!

Last edited by katherine93; May 18th, 2008 at 08:33 AM.