View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

If you go to Service Alberta's website, more arguments surround Damage Deposits and the giving of them back...there is a movement to do away with them all together because too many landlords abuse them...in most legit cases, they don't cover the cost of repairs and in illegit cases, the landlord feels entitled and simply lies to keep the money...either scenerio, the DD system really isn't working. These new non-refundable deposits are just another way of abusing the system. For those who have had rotten tenants, hate to say it, but it goes with being a landlord...you take the good with the bad, chalk it up to operating expense or find another business to be in. I lived in the same suite for 7 years...did my own repairs, paid my rent, kept quiet, took care of things (shampooed, painted, fixed leaking taps, etc.) and the company MADE money off me...the next tenant might not have been so good...it's a crap shoot, but a lot of businesses are like that.

It all boils down to good people or bad...pets don't dictate how a person is going to treat a rental property and to charge extra just in case seems unfare...especially if you don't give it back (with interest) when the person moves out.

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby