View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:13 PM

Need suggestions for grain free food

My cats have been eating grain free canned food since February. I have fed them Nature's Variety Instinct, Core, Wellness, Evo, Merrick, and Best Feline Friend.

They are really really tired of Instinct, Core, and Wellness. They hate Evo. I thought they liked Merrick because they gobbled up the cans I bought to try. But, of course when I go back and buy a case each of 3 different flavors ($115 worth)--they immediately decide they don't like it.

Tonight I bought a can of Best Feline Friend brand. It was Tuna and Pumpkin. The kitties loved it. The store had several flavors but they are all tuna based. I try to keep fish to a minimum. But they do really like it. Also, I do not know where this food is manufactured. I suspect that it is made in Thailand. I try to only buy pet food made in US or Canada. The store where I bought this food had several brands of "premium" grain free food but most stated right on the can that they were made in Thailand.

I also bought a can of Dave's Naturally Healthy Canned Cat Food. I have not given that to them yet. Again I was nervous because it didn't say where it was manufactured but I checked their website and it is made in USA.

Is anyone familiar with Best Feline Friend or Dave's? Or do you have any other brand recommendations for me? Also, is Solid Gold a good food?

One of my kitties is sick and I want to give her a good quality food that she really enjoys eating.