View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos View Post
Hello, I am looking for a Corso pup, a female actually. I recently lost my Laekenois, who was working with children with autism or related spectrum disorders. I am looking for a Corso because of my past experience with them and other mastiff breeds. The pup will eventually also work with children with autism or related disorders. I would really appreciate if you could contact me (PM sent).

Thank you,
Cos
There are a few Corsi around working as therapy dogs although I can't remember off the top of my head which breeders/lines they came from. I know of at least one in Canada, she's in Alberta. You can try checking on the SACCI board or through Mary.

Please do A LOT of research when looking for a breeder. There are unfortunately a lot of horrible back yard breeders breeding these dogs. I've seen some that don't even look like Corsi. Look for a breeder that is involved with some breed club (in good standings) and participates with their dogs in some sort of a sport and/or conformation ring. There are some truly excellent Corsi breeders out there devoted to breeding only top quality pups with proper temperaments, you just need to look for them.