View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
My Nookie eats anything and everything, literally lol. He has Pica, but hasn't had any issues for more than a year now, until recently. He once ate an entire rope toy... the kind with big knots and tassels at each end, then pooped it out whole
He pooped a sock the next day, then 2 more the following day! He's eaten and pooped out toys (which he isn't allowed to have anything he can swallow anymore). But again, he hasn't done it in over a year
I'm going to have to Nookie-proof my house again.

I brought Marty a rope toy and he started to eat it, I have to keep an eye on Marty when he plays with his toys. Marty chewed a hole in 3 dish towels , I caught him in the act one time and gave him some hydrogen peroxide to made him vomit up the piece of towel. I called the vet when Marty ate the other towels and I was told to keep an eye on him to see if he start to vomit or has trouble pooping. Marty loves to chew so I got him a small beef bone and he did not want it! What an odd little dog! I was buying him chicken jerky but when I read it was made in China I stopped buy it. What you do let your dog chew on? I need to find something safe for a small dog.