View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Are you sure that's not a sheltie in a pug suit ? LOL. My Shady(sheltie) used to do that, totally disregard that I already had a dog on my lap and do a very graceful, nimble leap to slot herself precisely between it and my body. (I do miss her.) I imagine your Pug could hurt itself though, they're not a supple agile breed.
Erykah, your TM would be like my cattle dogs as far as same sex aggression goes. No way could mine be together unsupervised. When I had 5 to 7 together I'd need to have my stock whip handy, the crack of the whip or a light flick around the butt would let them know who was pack leader, without that they could be out of your reach and go ahead with the plan to kill whoever. LOL. It's exactly how the old stockmen would have controlled this breed and kept them working instead of fighting. And, I must say this, until you see an all out fight between two cattle dogs, you can't criticise that method of control. A flick from their owner is absolutely nothing compared to the injuries or death in a fight.
It was a relief to get into shelties, they like each other, they're very nice to each other, absolute angels in fact. If the breeders of your Pugs can run them together safely then 3 for you should be good too.