View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigginDaisy View Post
I've been trying to decide what "grown up" food I should feed Rudy. He is on Hill's Science Diet puppy food....vet recommended. She said Acana was too much protein for him.

Dogs are pretty much carnivores, so yup, they should be eating meat protein

I purchased a new bag of Hill's Prescription Diet t/d Oral Health dog food to incorporate into his diet. When I opened the bag I was surprised at how large the kibble is...about 1 1/2 inches square. I was told he only needs approx. 15 kibbles a day. Anyway, he thinks it's a treat. He runs out the doggie door with it and it takes him a good 10 minutes to eat it. I know it's good for his teeth, but I can't imagine how long it would take him to eat 15 in a day . I'm also worried about him choking on them, they're so big. Any suggestions? On another note...he is a very fast eater and this does slow him down. He's also not fussy what he eats....loves food!
I really don't think vets read the ingredients on the bags of the food they sell .

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey