Thread: new pet mom
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:45 PM

new pet mom

Hi all,
Just found this site today looking for somewhere to ask some questions about problems my older dog is having (posted on the pet health forum).
Our family has 2 dogs, Maggie will be 13 in 2 weeks, shes 3/4 chow and 1/4 husky or shepard. She`s been the greatest dog ever and litter-mate to our oldest son who was 6 months old when we got her. She has congenital cataracts & seems to be going deaf, but still is totally sweet to everyone except our new addition. A couple of weeks ago we heard about a litter of chow-shepard mix puppies at our local humane society and adopted Lola. Lola is just 3 months old, about 90% housetrained, and looking to get her enrolled in puppy classes soon. I`m sure I will be asking questions about puppy problems soon!

We also share our home with Teeny, a small black tortie cat who is nearly 11 and very stressed out by the puppy. Plus a 5 yo Guinea pig named Fluffy and a 5yo cockateil, Peaches. We are out-numbered! LOL The kids are always clamoring for new pets, but the new puppy is the only one who they`ve been good about taking responsibility for so far.

Thanks for listening
Pam