View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:51 PM
Senior Contributor

My bridgegirl Callie was still doing the zoomies daily at 9 years old, and to me there is nothing more wonderful to watch than a senior enjoying the thrill of living Callies running days ended when in a turn her legs slid out from under her, she tore the ligament and later found cancer in the same leg, she was unable to use that leg and the other was to weak to support herself on her own, the loss of being able to run took it toll on her emotionally and she sunk into a deep depression. On the day she was to croos the bridge I gave her an extra dose of pain meds and instead of the usual leash walk, I sped up the pace supporting her backend with a custom harness, the faster she went the more her eyes lit up, so picked up the pace to my fastest speed to allowing her to run one last time, the joy and happiness stayed on her face right till she crossed the bridge, to some running is very much living . My newest girl is almost 4 now she also loves letting loose, but when I first got her(18 months old) she was so shy and scared it was tough getting her out of my bedroom never mind outside, it took her almost a year before she gained enough confidence to enjoy herself and play and start zoomiing around the yard and she does not stop till lungs are spent and by then she is making yipping noises as she exhales