View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Ciara is the uber goober...she loves kittens, puppies, bunny's and baby goats. Giver her stuffed animal that talk's and she'll lick it's butt for two weeks and whine.

She can be very impressive if I feel threatened in any way.

I understand some peoples fears of Rotti's, the media does a great job cramming all the "bad" dog stories down their throats, day after day, after day....(for all breeds, not just Rotti's) This is a pet peeve of mine.

Because of this understanding and her health issues I limit exposure out in public. When it is off season & the tourist have all gone home she visits everyone on a regular basis.
Our RV resort is full this weekend for the long holiday weekend. This morning I had to tell one of the campers about putting leashes on his three dogs, we enforce the leash law here. All I got was a blank stare...then one of his wandering Golden Retreivers jumped on a Schnauzer puppy being walked by a ten year little girl...while standing right there. All the owner did was call the dog,( which politely ran the other way) I picked the girl up off of the asphalt and grabbed her puppy's leash. Poor thing has a few rips in it's side and of course is quite skaken up as is the girl. She has scrapes only from hitting the road so hard when knocked down.
I gave the parents the dog owners info from my work computer. They are still not back from the vets yet. I'm worried a bit...
As for the dog owner, dogs were out running when I came home a little while ago, hes not in sight. My boss has called animal control.
We are under a "burn ban", me thinks there will be fireworks shortly...hee hee *snort*