View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:05 PM

English Setter with Eye Issue

Hi, I am new to the fourm. I have an English Setter, who is 6 years old, and has had allergies for at least 4 years. He had been on an anti-allergy food, but then when we got out Siberian Husky, we changed to a different food for them both. After over a year, Oliver's allergies returned, and they are both back on the anti-allergy food. After some 6 weeks it seems to doing the job, less scratching and chewing going on.

Over the last few days, I noticed that one eye was weeping, but all I did was wipe it and clear the gunk in the inner corner regularly. However, this evening, while wiping it, I realise that the inner corner is a little puffy, but thought it was due to the eye weeping, but then I also noticed that the white of that eye is totally red, not just blood shot.

Could this be to do with allergies, or could the rough playing with Branwen the siberian have ended up with a scratch in the eye.. or is it some sort of infection.

He is very restful, and isn't acting differently, so trying not to worry.. any ideas?