Thread: Riley
View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2005, 06:55 AM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

Riley

In Memory of Riley

In a short time, you taught me the true meaning of brave and determined. Never complaining and always trying. Now my precious friend, you can chase the frisbee and not only hold it.

Run Riley run............

xoxo Kathy (your foster mom), Spencer & Breeze

An HS called us to take Riley into rescue. He had thyroid problems and skin problems as well as taking Medicam for mobility isuues. They thought that he would have a better chance of being adopted thru rescue, as we could take the time to thoroughly go through his special needs with prospective adoptors.

Riley was a stray golden, estimated to be about 8 or 9. Two days after coming into rescue, he started to seize. Kathy finally got that under control, we had him xrayed and blood tests done to find out why he could barely walk. Unfortunately, Riley's hindquarters went on him completely and he was in pain.

I highly suspect that Riley was not claimed by his owners due to his medical conditions. Poor baby. At least the last week of his life was a good one. He was a loving, gentle boy. I got to visit him once at his foster home, and I will always remember his "old", gentle face. You could see that he had been through a lot and still greeted life with a wagging tail every morning. I could learn from you Riley, because I certainly "wag my tail" every morning, and in comparison, I have not had to deal with as much as you did
RIP sweet boy