View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg View Post
Nice to see JD making short work of the turkey neck. He sure seemed to be enjoying it. I think if you offer it once a week for now to see how things go, that would be fine. It will be interesting to see how he handles the larger end of the neck. I know with BB - she demolishes the small end pretty well the same as JD did - but when it comes to the larger end of the neck, basically all she does is remove the meat and maybe a tiny bit of bone, and then leaves it.

Yogi usually takes over then and practices his footwork from one end of the kitchen to the other as if getting ready for a soccer tournament, batting it with his front paws all over the place. It seems to be beneath him to chew on it.

Interesting thing would be to watch JD's teeth and gums to see the effect of the chewing action on them.
I once brought my dog Marty some beef soup bones and gave him one on the deck . Marty took a couple of licks and was done ! Maybe he didn't want to mess up his pretty white fur . That is funny about your cat , I know some cats like to play with their fresh dead mouse before eating it . I think this help made the meat tender .