View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Hi Dr. Lee

Thanks for all of your help with this.

Our dog has been on prednisone for a week now, and we still haven't seen any improvement. She is going in to see the neurologist again tomorrow, but I don't think he knows what he is going to do. I don't believe he is running any blood work or anything tomorrow, it is more of an assessment.

Do you know what would give the vet the conclusion that she may have lymphoma or an auto immune disorder? As far as I can tell, he is basing this on finding protein in the spinal fluid. As far as I know, her white blood count was just above normal, but nothing drastic.

Do you have any other suggestions, or questions I can ask the vet tomorrow? I don't want him to give up, but we don't know what else to do. He had suggested doing a biopsy of her leg, but that that may not even show any thing, and because it is invasive, there might not be any point.

It just seems weird to me that this is there next step. That they cant run any other tests to determine if it could be lymphoma or an autoimmune disease.

Also, what would it mean if the prednisone isn't working (she is on 50mg a day, given in 2 does (25 each dose).

Thanks!