View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:32 PM

I have never taken any obedience classes at PetSmart, but most people I have talked to that have, have not been satisfied with the main complaint being that there was limited actual training and the trainer seemed very inexperienced.

Personally, for myself, I have always taken my dogs to classes where I have talked to other pet owners who have had great experiences. True, they usually are more expensive... the last 2 I took Brynn to were $200 a pop for a 8 week session (still cheap in my mind considering what we learned). And I would pay it all over again, and recommend it to any pet owners in the area. The trainer was very knowledgeable and kept classes small (4-6 owners/dogs) so she could help each team individually and address any specific concerns. She also was available to call after the classes for any concerns or questions we had that arose after the fact.

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama