View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2004, 04:10 PM

I sure as hell would like to find out if it's a hoax or not. A good friend of mine who has three dogs, whom I love very much, got a swiffer when they first came out. I have to admit the thing is good for hair on the floor, which is certainly a problem in her house because she's got hardwood floors. I've constantly teased her about the thing because you throw the little sheet away once you've used it. Terribly eco-unfriendly. I think a while ago, her hubby upgraded to the one that spits out stuff in front of it. I think that's the one you are talking about.
Anyhoo, I would like to pursue this further because of this. Any idea as to which rescue group the email came from? One thing we would need to determine is the active ingredient in anti-freeze that is harmful. That shouldn't be too hard to find out. The more trying part would be to find out what crap the company sells you for the wetjet or whatever it's called. Even if it's only one molecule off, the chemical names should be relatively similar.

Anyone ever taste antifreeze? When I was a kid, my dad made me taste it once. We were working on the car, rather he was working on the car and I was watching; he told me that the stuff tastes sweet. I didn't believe him, so he opens the rad cap and tells me to stick my finger in. Being the trustworthy sort, I did so. He tells me to touch the tip of my finger to my tongue. Lo and behold, the stuff did taste sweet! Couldn't believe it. Looking back, I question my dad's judgement in some of the things he made us do.
You can get dog friendly anti-freeze now though which isn't harmful to cats or dogs.