View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2005, 09:45 PM

I've checked all of the rescues I could find in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, but none of them had a dog that would fit into my family or they wouldn't ship. I can't believe there's such a shortage of small dogs up here (although I'm glad there is), I found one rescue in Houston with 52 Shih tzus and Lhasa Apsos. Also, I found a shelter in New Brunswick that was willing to ship, but there was nothing in the shelter then. I put up a transportation post on Petfinder and AcmePetTransport, but we had a snowstorm when this cutie was supposed to be transported. I tried everything, but we couldn't get him up here. However, I'm happy to say that he, too, went to a wonderful home this weekend.

We've found another dog though. She's a two-year-old Maltese in Las Vegas and her owner passed away and she was left to his niece. Unfortunately, his niece has big dogs and they didn't get along, so she was trying to find her a home herself as an alternative to taking her to the shelter. We got in contact with her and were going to fly down to Las Vegas in two weeks to pick her up (I have semester break coming up and didn't want her flying alone if we could pick her up), but on Friday we found out that a friend of ours is in Vegas and he's coming back tonight. Well this little girl is coming back with him tonight and she'll be in my arms tomorrow morning at 6:00 am. I'm so excited, I'm sure I won't be able to sleep tonight . You can see her on the Pictures forum under the thread "Need a name" (and if any of you have name suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them!).

Thanks for all of the replies, you all really helped during my search for the perfect furbaby.

-Daniela