Thread: Help please
View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2003, 02:31 PM

Question Help please

I recently almost 6 weeks now lost my 6 year old dog to liver cancer.
I was so upset that a week later I decided I needed another pet. I am disable due to arthritis and not up to training another puppy so decided on a cat. I actually watned two kittens to keep each other company.
A friend had a 7 months old kitten that she wanted to find a home for as her 5 year old cat didnt like her and fought with her constanly.
So I took her in, she is a beatiful looking kitten and very healthy. Well a week ago today she called me to ask if she was missing because her husband came homefrom work and saw another cat in teh driveway that looked just like her.
She looked her over and noticed the resemblance but knew it wasnt her but knwe that I had wanted two.
I told her i woudl come and look at her and if she was healthy i would bring her home
Well she had mucus in her nose and was sneezing, that bothered me. My hubby told me i could have as many as i wanted butthey had tobe healthy.
And ofcourse i didnt want my first one to get sick.
Her son does coop at the vets so i asked if he coudl take her the next day and have her checked out and all was well i woudl take her.
the next afternoon he drops her off with a bottle of meds for her cat cold.
Well, all she has is sneezinb and mucous that she does sneeze out. I do hear a noise in her breathign sometimes.
I have looked up URI and catcolds and they both emntion runny eyes and coughs and she has neither of these.
Does this sound more liek an allergy?
As soon as she is doen her med I plan on taking her for shots . Then when its time for her second shot i will have her spayed.
The two cats are having a great tiem together the firs two days my first one was abit jealous but after getting just as much or more attention she came around quickly.
I hpe someone can give me some ideas about her nose problems.