View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM

Automatic feeders for cats and wet food - any suggestions?

I've started giving my kids a few smalls wet meals a day, since I'm working from home and can feed them whenever they're hungry (they're of the "scarf-and-barf" variety of cat ). But I do plan on going back to work eventually - and when I do, I'd like to have something for them to eat during the day. I was thinking an automatic feeder may work - something where I could program it to serve them a few small snacks in the middle of the day while we're at work.

Any suggestions on specific products? I need it to have at least 3-4 compartments, and work on a timer. And I'd like something that I can return, if they refuse to eat out of it. And I wouldn't want their food to go bad - so maybe a cooling element on the machine to keep their food fresh? They don't mind cold food straight from the fridge.

I saw this - but again, this is my first time browsing:

Six Day Pet Dish

Just to clarify - in a worst case situation, my husband would feed them breakfast, and then rely on the auto feeder to give them "lunch" and dinner, possibly breakfast the next day, if I was away overnight (this is only in a "g-d forbid" type situation). In a best case situation, I'd just use it to give them a little snack in the afternoon and possibly in the middle of the night, when Daisy Mae likes to play "pounce on mom and scream" because she's hungry. I know this sounds kinda high maintenance, but they just can't handle large meals, so I have to do the "multiple small meals a day" routine unless they can manage to train themselves not to eat too much.

Thanks in advance for any advice!