View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I actually see nothing wrong with bathing a cat once or twice a year or more often if it's necessary. I have to wash my Sphynx kitties often because they get oily and need to be washed. Young kittens adjust very well to washing of started at an early age and it need not be traumatic. I do not understand that to be frank - If it is a trauma, then they never were washed as kittens and never adjusted to it.

I do wash my Siamese only when absolutely necessary and it has happened. Still, I did it when the female was a baby so she is used to it. My male Blue Point meezer is not so adjusted and he did have one bath when rescued but I have not done so yet. He apparently was not upset at being bathed - probably he was happy to be inside with food and shelter. My meezer will actually play with the water. (See picture.)

So, if your cats do not mind being bathed, I see no problem with it at all. I just would not do it if it was not needed.
Attached Images