View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:56 PM

Angry crate trained and mostly house trained dog going in house????

our 2 1/2 yr old male GSD seems to believe our daughter's room is part of the outside (even though it's upstairs and obviously, at least to us, in the house). he will not poop anywhere else in the house (well once he did in our room but it was liquid, literally, so we're sure that was an accident). but if is able to gain access to her room he will poop in there. usually we close her door because this has happened 2x before. but last night i went in to kiss my daughter good night, and i thought he would be ok since i was in there with him and the other times he had snuck up to use her room, but i turned around from kissing her and there he was hunched over one of her dolls. I know i read somewhere that dogs will not go anywhere that they think is part of their house. but how can i let him know her room is part of the house if i can't let him in there even with me? any advice? (and he's 111 lbs so picking him up when he starts to poop is out of the question) oh and one time he also peed in there, and has never peed anywhere else in the house. my MIL thinks it may be a dominance issue with our 3 yr old daughter but he shows nothing but affection and concern for her if she cries.
thanks in advance for ANY advice you can give.

Anne