View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2008, 12:19 PM

I do take Koda out for walks, although the longer ones are not as often as I would like. I have severe vertigo and have balance issues. Koda with his collie herding doesn't really help with that. The dizziness has not always been an issue, maybe the past year or so, so in the past year these long walks to/at the off leash parks have decreased. Daily I take him up/down the street I live on (approx 1/2 km there, and then 1/2 km back). When my husband is home we go for longer, 1-2.5 hours at various parks and in the river valley. Since I have someone to hold onto I can go for much longer. When I'm around my area we don't really run into a lot of folks. But, when we do, Koda always goes over to sniff, and then he either walks away or gets a pet. We've never had a problem with him snapping at people. However, if people come upto him swiftly and try and pet him right off the bat, he growls and by that time I am usually standing between him and them.

I came into the house WITH Thomas and my Sister. We were at my Mom's place for dinner earlier and Thomas wanted to come and see Koda. We all walked into the house together (the order was me, Kim and then Thomas last). I came in first and told Koda to go to his bed. He did. And then Kim (sister) and Thomas came in. Thomas was pulling the screen door shut when everything took place.