View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2008, 03:16 AM

So here is something I was checking into. Katie weighs around 48 pounds, so the scale at vet said. Yet her meds state 42 pounds. Her dose is 60mg 2x a day. I am thinking her dose is too high for her. From what I can find her dose should be around 100mg a day. I think I am going to see if vet is open on Saturdays and call and see if we can split a pill in half or something. I think she started the dose high because she had so many in a short period. I know she said it would make her groggy but for how long? Are we seeing the end or are we seeing the side effects?? I'm not familiar with the vets at the clinic and only know of the one Katie saw and she has a good reputation, so that is why we only have talked to her. But I almost think a second opinion will be good, can you get a good second opinion from the same clinic?
Katie is snoring away right now like nothing is wrong, but it is wrong because she is on the kitchen floor and not beside the bed like before. Its just too much for her to even get up to have to lay back down. I want to be optimistic and hope I'll see her wag her tail again but am I just getting my hopes up??? I really think this drug has affected her big and we never really got a chance to see her recover from the first seizures. Man this is hard to deal with. Any more comments are welcomed, so drop a line...I know I have a lot of questions but I can't help but wonder about all of this... maybe I'm just being selfish and don't want to let go. But can I really if I don't try and get as many answers as I can?