View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2008, 09:05 AM

Angry Jaguar Escapes, Attacks Dog, Both Are Shot By Police

http://www.achannel.ca/home/news_53628.aspx

This is insane. I've seen things like this on Animal Planet's "Animal Cops", but I had no idea this place existed so close to my home.

Who the would ever think it's a good idea to take large predators, some from equatorial/tropical regions, and house them in tiny outdoor chain link cages ... in Canada in the middle of winter no less!!??

The owner thinks that the black jaguar was agitated by a fox that was trying to steal its food, so it broke through the cage. Well, d'uh!! You're keeping wild animals in chain link cages in the middle of nowhere, and you don't think that the meat you're feeding them might attract some of the local wildlife? And on top of that, you think that a chain link fence is going to keep these powerful creatures contained?? And you let your family pet walk around these cages at will??!!

The poor, poor dog. I can't imaging what it went through, being caught and mauled by this cat. And the poor, poor cat! It certainly didn't ask for this life!! I hope someone brings down some seriously heavy new laws to prohibit this kind of thing. The owner's answer? He's thinking about getting a tranquilizer gun, in case something like this ever happens again.