View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Performance Spaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by takiko View Post
I have contact them........the price is extremely expensive...asking for 2000....
it is so hard to find coton de tulear...
i think it is not popular in Canada...less breeder in canada...
in US...there are more breeder...the price are little bit lower
There is no rule stating you have to buy a dog in Canada. It just can be harder to buy from the States. You need to research breeders better, and make sure you get what you are looking for. Just because someone has a flashy website doesn't make them great, and just because some breeders choose to have no website doesn't make them bad.

I couldn't find what I wanted in an american cocker spaniel breeder within ontario. Hit Conformation shows met out of province breeders. Took a lot of searching to find a breeder I could work with and have a happy co-ownership with. In my early 20s even with a dog already who is well cared for, many breeders didn't want anything to do with me.

Ended up importing Smudge from North Carolina. His breeder and I are close, we chat on the phone like good friends, and it took long enough from the time we were introduced until his litter was ready to go home that we forged a friendship. Ideal but not always the norm.

No reason you can't look outside of Canada.