View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2006, 11:13 AM

I'm actually having a hard time finding a match anywhere in Ontario.... The criteria we've kind of narrowed down for our next (rescue) dog is:

1. Has to be good with kids (we have young ones so not everyone will adopt out to a family with kids under 8);
2. I'd like a BMD, Newf, Saint or Dane, DH has his heart set on a BMD;
3. I'd like a 95+ lbs dog. DH and I have agreed that we'll add 2 dogs in the future after we no longer have our shepherd, but only one of them will be a BIG dog, so I really would like for it to ideally be between 100-130 lbs, but then again of course that's not the most important criteria at all!

Now there are quite a few cute Saints in the states that would fit the bill & I keep my eyes open for Quebec rescues too, unfortunately you guys get more of the breeds I love in rescue up there.....

If we didn't have kids we'd be able to open our doors to a lot of other dogs with more baggage that really tug at my heart. I deal with quite a few GSDs that are just wonderful, but we've decided that a 'gentle giant' is more the type of dog that would fit into our family next.