View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeghna View Post
I would definitely try the collars out on myself before letting the cats get anywhere near them. What my friend said - and of course I'll validate before buying them - is that there are different strengths of collars for different animal sizes: it's not the fence itself that shocks, rather the fence sends the signal to the collar which then beeps and then (if the animal keeps running) shocks.
Having said that, I really like your idea of building porches for both doors: that should confuse the cats long enough to allow - as you said - one of us to grab them. Thanks so much for the suggestion!
That is good to know. So many people have changed their minds after finding out how much those things really do hurt. I would be petrified of hurting one of mine.
There are so many options on those sites I gave you. I'm sure you will be able to find something that will work. Thank you for taking my suggestion so well.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!