View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaekitty View Post
Do the Feliway diffusers change the cat's personality any? And do they still work in a house full of open windows and fans?
No, the Feliway diffusers won't cause a personality change, beyond possibly helping a cat feel calmer and more at ease. As for working in a house with open windows, they do, but you'll probably go through the liquid faster. And the effective radius might be smaller. If you could put one as near as possible to the places that she pees, that should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaekitty View Post
It genuinely seemed to be a picky litterbox problem at first - every time she's done it, I've found the litterbox really needed a clean, and as soon as my bf and I worked out a cleaning schedule, the problem went away.
Which is why you really should get at least one more box, but I'd recommend 2 more if you can. The average cat pees 2-3 times a day and poops once a day. Multiply that by 2 cats. So even if you're cleaning the box every 24 hrs, there could be a substantial accumulation of waste for a cat to have to dig around in by the time that 24 hrs rolls around. That would certainly be enough to make me pee on the couch. In comparison, I have 3 litter boxes for one cat and he uses all three, even though I clean them multiple times a day.

Is your litter box covered or uncovered?

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler