View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2009, 11:42 AM

ARGH!!! I can't take it anymore!!!

My cat Olive keeps peeing on stuff! At first I thought she was rebelling against a dirty litter box, so I made special efforts to make it nice and clean for her. Today, however, she has peed on her favourite chair to sleep on, and the litter box was clean! Well, mostly clean.

Sometimes I let both cats outside for an hour or so, and they roam around the front yard, but I only let them out when I'm sitting oput there to watch, and they of course want to go out all the time, so I'm wondering if now she's rebelling against not going outside enough.

She usually pees on the couch, which I can clean by removing the cushion covers and bleaching the cushions, but this was her FAVE CHAIR, and it doesn't come apart. It's soaking in Nature's Miracle at the moment, but I tried that stuff on the last chair she peed on (this one's twin, which now lives in the basement), and it didn't really work. Why would she pee where she sleeps?

I'm at the end of my rope. I take so much care to make sure my house isn't one that guests smell cat pee when they walk in the door, and she is killing me!!!

What do I do? Has anyone tried steamcleaning their furniture after it's been peed on? Does anyone have any better chemical or training ideas?

I will try ANYTHING. I refuse to get rid of an otherwise very adored cat.
Attached Images