View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2010, 10:49 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
I actually took your advice . I moved it into a less sunny spot, stopped fertilizing, and am careful not to over water. The leaves look much healthier but they still don't want to bloom .
I bought the plant already started. It actually had a couple of blooms on it at the time . I did use soil specifically for container plants so maybe too much fertilizer there? I read that they don't take well to transplanting...after I transplanted it to a larger pot . Maybe that has something to do with it too.

Are they perennials? I can save the plant overwinter?
If you have a spot where the plant won't freeze and you can water it every couple of weeks lightly you *may* keep it. But don't count on it. You would do much better to start over with fresh seed. I'm sure Winston could send you lots. My MG has sort of bit the dust. Taken over by Black Eyed Susans.
Yes, I would think the culprit is the pot soil. It is too rich for MG. You probably would have had more success just using soil from your yard. MGs like poor soil the best.
If nothing else you will have lots of nice foliage to look at.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!