View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:48 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I operated and programmed on a mainframe for years and still use DOS on occasion to do stuff I still have my machine language manuals. I'm considered a dinosaur!

It's much easier to do it my way, though using the scanner would have been a last resort. I found another way to do it, too, though it was much more difficult. I used "print" and directed it to the document image maker, then saved it as a .tif...but it's about 1.5 M in size that way, I needed it transparent for a Web page, so I converted it to a .gif in Image Zone and resized. Came down to about 27 K.

But using Publisher is by far and away the bestest! Took me all of about 1.5 minutes once I remembered how to do it.

Why would I need an image? Well, we have the dogs' blog pages to maintain, y'know, and they're very proud of their families so hubby includes a 3-generation pedigree on his pages. I work up the peds in excel, then transfer just the image of the worksheet to the web pages:

Name:  Brier's pedigree.gif
Views: 3896
Size:  6.4 KB

This way, I only add about 7 K to the size of the page.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."