View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2005, 01:02 PM

She is not eating Puppy food, she is eating adult food. The reason being -- puppy food past three months for a large breed dog can cause them to grow too fast, causing joint problems in the future.

Twinmommy - if I feed her less, she loses weight. She is 53 pounds, and my boss (a vet) has confirmed she's absolutely not over weight (I'm paranoid about this!).

StaceyB - yes, she still is consuming the majority of her meals.

Prin - As far as I know most of those foods are not available in my area, and I can't afford the shipping. My budget is tight, but I still want to feed my dogs a high-quality food. I think Purina ONE is way better than just running to wal-mart and buying Pedigree or Ol' Roy because it's cheap. Solid Gold, last time I checked, was VERY, VERY expensive, and not in my budget range. However, if anything of higher quality were to ever come up for a decent price (under $45 dollars for a 35-45 lb bag), I would definetly switch her to it. I have been thinking about switching her to Natural Balance, as my other dog is on the Sweet Potato & Fish formula for her allergies, and this food has totally transformed her. However, my boss feels that Purina ONE and ProPlan are very high quality foods and if that's the best I can afford I think I'm doing pretty good.

You have to understand that I am very young and I don't have a good paying job, but the benefits I do get (50% off vet bills) allows me to buy them a higher quality food than I would otherwise be able to purchase.