View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Swift Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgourmand View Post
So yes, training a cat to use the toilet is no favor to the cat and it is simply a convenience for us. But I don't think it is irresponsible or cruel to TRY to train him to go on the toilet. I don't think its abusive. I don't think its unhealthy. I don't think its unreasonable. Or even vastly more unnatural than a neutered/spayed life indoors eating "cat food" and drinking filtered water out of a dish, pooping in a plastic box like most healthy/happy cats do. What I do think is that it is really practical-- cheaper, neater and more sanitary (at least for me and possibly for him too?) And I feel confident that I'm still letting my cat be a very happy, healthy cat.
*laughs* i sort of apologize if this is rude but it seems an amazing ability of people to justify what they want to do (as opposed to the right thing to do) by just declaring it so. i believe several people here, several other websites of vets and just knowing a few basic thigns about cats says toilet training your cat is completely unnatural.

good thing you 'feel confident' cause if it was just confidence that backed up science we all would still be using leaches for pregnant women.

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)