View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Welcome to the site! I have a choc lab that was prone to ear infections in his early years. I honestly can say I understand how frustrated you must feel with the vets and whats been going on.

First off I have to say that I think the problem is food related. You may not want to hear that because you have tried the food route! I understand cause I have been there, but its which brand is going to also work for your dog. Trying one brand just isnt enough time to see if it works. I used vet prescribed food for 6 yrs before it was suggested to me to loook at things like grains, by-products, etc. I also never thought about what wolves would have eaten in the wild? they dont get wheat, and soy, and corn etc right? well thats how your dog food should be..something with no grains for example.

Once I changed my dogs food to a high meat content, and no grains or by products he has not had a ear infection since. I do clean them occasionally if he has been in water or they are dirty. Having said all that you will feel pretty overwhelmed learning what there is to learn about proper nutrition but your puppy will thank you for it! I feel Orijen Fish Formula, there are so many good foods out there on the market.

I am not saying that there are no medical reasons for the issues either but I think a food change will help you alot !

Good Luck

How about a pic of your pup?
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown