View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2004, 03:17 PM

2 year old urinating cat

My situation is similar to Larry's. I got my cat (female) from the Humane Society just this past summer. She is beautiful and very friendly with lots of character. She had not been spayed when I got her. she seemed to use her litter box on a regular basis, but additionally would urinate (not spray) in spots in my bedroom (and no other place in the house). When she was spayed the urinating seemed to stop for a while, but once in a while she would still pee in my bed. (It's quite a fluffly down duvet.) I tried putting an additional litter box in my attached bathroom, but a few weeks later she peed in my bed again. I've taken her to the vet, there is no bladder infection, but the vet recommened anti-depresants as well as Feliway. My cat was on the anti-depresants for over 2 weeks and I was spraying the feliway, as well as the liquid release form in my bedroom. Well, last night she left a puddle of pee on my bed again.

She has never peed anywhere else in the house, and since her spaying, it has only been on my bed. I've sprayed special order control stuff many times and washed my duvet twice now.

Are there ANY suggestions out there... I REALLY don't want to give her up, she has won my heart (most of the time!)

Thanx...