Thread: Crying Kitten
View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2009, 06:59 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I second Tundra's thoughts. Really, six weeks old is way too young to be taken from mom and littermates. The poor thing is desperately lonely and terrified. When he tries to get some comfort from the person who is supposed to love him he is sent to another room. He doesn't know what is going on. All he knows is he was taken from his mom and siblings by a person who he doesn't know. And you want to spray this little thing? Oh my!

As for "he is an animal. I'd rather have my own personal space when sleeping and am sure I am not the only person that feels this way". You won't find many on this site that feel that way. You also wouldn't want to be in my house. I am afraid at any given time you can be visited by one of two dogs or one of five cats. Yes, they do share my bed. Willingly. I wouldn't have it any other way. We take responsibilty to have these pets in our lives. Shooing it away when it is inconvenient to you does no favours to the poor kitten or you.

What pills did you give him for fleas? Over the counter stuff you buy at a supermarket? It probably is doing more harm than good. That stuff plain does not work. Not to mention I am pretty sure it says on the package not to administer to a kitten less than eight weeks old. And spraying is deadly to the kitten as well as the fleas. Get the baby to a vet asap to be treated properly for fleas as well as worms. It sure doesn't sound like this kitten has had a great start on life with fleas already.

You could try a large dog crate as Tundra stated. It can be set up as a little home for him with lots of toys, litter, food and water. But please don't leave him in it all the time. Only use it at bedtime.

Remember, boyfriends come and go. Your pet should be in your life for a long long time. All the little thing wants to do is be loved. If you aren't willing to put the time in to reassuring and loving this kitten that he is in a good home then you really should think about rehoming. Good luck.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!