View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2006, 07:07 PM

Thumbs up

I'll try to make some suggestions off of the top of my head. Go to a dept store such as Walmart and look for a rubber area rug gripper and put it under the crate so he can't make it "walk" across the floor. If you have carpet it shouldn't be too bad but hardwood floors are another matter. He has learn to run against the side to make it move. Is his crate too big? He needs room to stand, turn around and lay down with a little extra space.
Have you ever tried a Kong stuffed with peanut butter in his crate. That can last for hours and keeps them occupied.
My Labs love their crates and I always make sure their collar is off and that they have a leather chewie to occupy them. Is your crate in a family area where they can access it while with people around so they won't feel isolated. My Labs have learned to go to their crates during the day for a little R and R after playing really hard. I'm lucky though, I've been retired and could never have taken them on as a responsibility under any other circumstance. They are very time demanding!!
Good luck with your endeavor and best of luck with the crate. They really are great once they get used to the having their own den.
Labmomma