Thread: Back for more
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail P View Post
Dru is amazing, he is turning into a really good sled dog. Loves to pull, very eager and he doesn't slack on the hills.
Awesome, sounds like he really enjoys himself too

Quote:
They run well beside each other but tend to scrap sometimes when they're first being hooked up, but that's just Flurry's overexcitement that gets them going and then Dru starts up too. Dru is a screamer - another dog can be making faces at him or take a snap without making contact but he'll start up this godawful wailing like he's being killed, at the same time as he's fighting back.
what a pair

Quote:
Flurry's always ready to nip at the closest dog and I have to watch he doesn't chew apart the gangline before the sled gets moving. He once chomped a brand new section of gangline apart in one or two bites. If he gets too hard on the lines I may have to switch from poly lines to cable so he can't bite through them. Flurry's a funny dog, when I'm letting them out to the backyard he fixates on Rain and wants to bite her on her way past him. Lots of times though he'll pick up a toy or a bone and hold it in his mouth and that stops him from nipping. It's like when the adrenaline is flowing all he can think about is grabbing something or one of the other dogs.
Wow that boy has got power in those jaws. It's a good thing he's a sled dog & not in the herding showring as nipping is usually a disqualification there. Sounds like he settles quickly though whether sledding or just out playing

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying