View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Matt I have a strong feeling I just went through this same experience with Rookie. There is a thread. My dog had a pee on the floor, not out of character really, so I scolded him (gently) and sent him off. He was hunched up and his feet didn't work well and he become unresponsive like yours. Slept on his chair for 24 hrs, finally had some hand fed canned food and water. Took him to the vet and she found nothing physical. Didn't talk about stroke. Another 24 hrs passed and he was his complete self again. Didn't think anything more knowing that dogs could in fact recover from strokes. Exactly 7 days later, I tucked my dog in to bed on his chair with absolutely no symptoms, later to be found by my daughter, he had died in his sleep. I suspect he had another stroke? Still haven't resolved it with my vet. He was 8 yrs old. I had a golden with vestiblular disease and he acted more like he was drunk for a few days, this happened several times, until finally he was put to sleep at 15. I am sorry for your loss.