View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2004, 07:15 PM

Taking a dog on a trip

My hubby and I are thinking about a trip to Newfoundland. No date or details as of yet but I am already stressing over what would be the best thing for our dog. The thought of NOT taking him with us breaks my heart. (He is 2 years old, 100 lb)

Has anyone taken their dog on a long trip with them? We don't know if we would fly or drive. I am very nervous about taking him on a plane But he is a large dog and that's an awfully long car trip (of course we would stop to run and stretch, but still...) I think its about 24 hours drive if you don't stop.

Hubby has lots of family down there and they have already said he would be welcome.

Or would it be in HIS best interest to keep him at home? We are thinking of going for 2 weeks. I don't think I could bear to be away from him for that long. I don't know what to do. But whatever we decide will be what is in his best interest.

(Sorry, one more question: I have heard that dogs have no sense of how much time passes. I have a hard time believing this. Any opinions?)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks