Thread: Horizon Legacy
View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Girl View Post
Ya, I switched Dazy in April, after she got really sick and couldnt be put back on the orijen...so it was after Jan that they took the K out. I dont go crazy either with worry, if she's healthy and will eat it, then its all good. I can live with beet pulp "if" thats the only questionable.

She started on Nutro too, as a pup, made her very itchy and dry, not good.

Funny, we all worry and try to do our best with the resources we have but in small towns like where my moms from in northern ON - they feed what ever they can get at the grocery stores and her dogs live to be healthy 16 year olds. Makes you wonder.

Yeah Nutro made Buddy's skin dry and flaky, and he was biting at his bum all the time.

Your right about that, often people in rural areas get their feed at the farm supply stores, and grocery stores, and yes many of those dogs look great and live long.

I know some rural peopl who can't afford pet food, and only feed table scrap, and their dogs look great and are in great shape.

I know people who have come from other countries, and were completely baffled and actually laughed hysterically when they saw pet food!! They said that where they came from they worried about feeding the people so pet food is totally unheard of!!

But I guess it's like us, some of us eat crap and junk food all the time and don't excercise and live long healthy lives, yet others live totally healthy lives, great food, lots of excercise and plenty of rest, and drop dead to young

As long as we are feeding our pets regularly, it's more them what some are doing :sad: so our pets are lucky really

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~