View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2011, 08:17 PM
owned by Tucker

Goldendoodle with allergies or bad nerves?????????

My friend has a goldendoodle, she chews her fur off of one of her front legs to the point that she makes her leg bleed. Now Fergie has been to the vet numerous times she believed that it was allergies, gave her steroids and antibiotics. Now this is the same dog that had a severe reaction to a bee sting last summer and almost died. Now the only thing I wonder is that she only chews on one leg and most of the time its when they go out and leave her alone, I'm wondering if its separation anxiety. They bandage her leg up every time they leave her with a sock, tensor bandage or vet rap. If she can't get it off she just chews up higher on her leg. She has now pulled all the fur off from the front of her leg from about the elbow to the knuckle. My friend is taking her back to the vet tomorrow to see if they can give her something to calm her down when they go out like a prozac or something as they just don't know what to do with her next. Anybody have any ideas or thoughts they would be welcomed they have also tried using bitter spray on her leg but it doesn't make any difference, we are running out of ideas.....help?