View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Missing Cosmo

I'm not sure it ever really gets "easier". Right now all you can feel is the pain of his leaving and while you will miss every moment you've shared with him, there will come a time when those memories will make you smile. For each of us that time is our own and we will take as much as we need. The best I can tell you is to reach out to those around you who understand and always know you are not alone in this.

The guilt is probably the hardest thing to get over.....we all feel we never do enough. But just remind yourself that the fact that you loved him, to him, was more than enough. It was his reason for living. That's all any of our pets ask of us. To be loved the way they love. With their whole heart. You've done that and Max was one of the truly blessed. He had someone to share his life.

Just remember that we are better people for having loved our animals and we are privileged to have them love us back. There's nothing anyone can say that will make the pain go away, but we're here to listen and let you know we understand.