View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

I have the same "problem" lol. Nanook (14 months) is my alarm clock. I seriously don't need one. He will wake me up between 6-6:30 every morning, regardless of what we do, and he will not go back to sleep until at least 11 am, then he will nap (on my days off, otherwise, he's at daycare). Hubby and I have tried everything we can think of, nothing works. Hubby is up until at least midnight and will take both out for a pee before he comes to bed, but Nanook still gets up around the same time every morning. We decided it's just something we will have to live with until, as Hazel said, he matures a bit and decides sleeping in is a good thing

klm, we do the same thing! Both Thorin and Nookie sleep in our room (even though Thorin has his own bedroom lol). When hubby comes up for the night, he shuts the door. It's partially so they don't have free roam, but mainly because we have a pretty long staircase with 2 landings. Nookie loves to sleep on the top landing overlooking the main floor. I'm so paranoid and worried he may have a seizure and fall down the stairs. I'm neurotic when it comes to him lol

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012