View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:51 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
The other thing I was thinking is that there may be another unaltered cat outside or a female in heat that may be making him more aggressive. It is too bad your vet had not talked to you about neutered @ six months , neutered males do make better pets.
Deeve said she lived on the third floor of an apartment so that is probably unlikely unless there has been cats wandering the halls of the apartment. That's a possibility.
Cats are ferocious fighters. It wouldn't matter who "started the fight". It would always be the dog who looked like he got the worse of it. Dogs generally just bite. Cats use teeth and nails. I wonder if the kitty has ever been checked over for puncture wounds from the pup?

Deeve - L4H has mentioned Feliway a couple of times. It works as a calming agent for cats. It is readily available in the States. You can get it as a plug in or as a spray. In your case it may be better to get it as both. The spray acts quickly and can be given when you notice Micaud starting to get agitated. You spray a small amount on his collar or near his chin. Not directly on him though. It would probably go a long way, along with the neutering, to make him a calmer kitty.
http://www.feliway.com/gb

Micaud - good luck today.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; August 17th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.