View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2008, 09:02 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Thanks, everyone. I think she's a tiny bit better tonight. She seems to be drying up some and the infection doesn't appear to be spreading!

She's enjoying all the attention. She's getting lots of kissies on the back of her head. As long as she gets them, she's not too fussy about where we plant them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacer View Post
Good lord that looks awful! Poor Ridge, I bet those hot compresses feel fantastic.

How does one get folliculitis? Bacteria somehow gets into the hair follicle?
Yep, that's exactly right. The follicles got irritated when she rubbed her nose while in her crate one day a few months ago and a few got infected on top of her nose. The infection drained twice--once two weeks ago and then again last Saturday--and then it spread into the skin and just took off. By Sunday morning, I could see the hair over a few square cms looked different--sort of standing on end--and the swelling had started and the skin was darker in color. The bleeding started Monday morning. I can't believe how fast it all happened!

Thank Dog it seems to have improved some today

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."