View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2011, 09:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Beautiful picture GF. Just laying there passing time, wish I could join them and stretch out and watch the day go by in peace.
Perkins always comes to lie beside me if I sit down, DD, he's become very effectionate in his old age. It's lovely sitting in the sun, patting him and listening to all the birds. There was a time when he didn't really like being touched, too active and independant. I have to wipe away tears reading what you and others are going through with your oldies, it's a case of been there, done that and know I'm only a whisker away from those worries again with Perkins. Makes one appreciate each day extra that we have with them. By the way, this boy likes everything hand fed to him too, amazing how fast he can eat if he doesn't have to make the effort. I was thinking, if you are concerned about Shadow falling on the steps, you could always go down with her and support her with a towel under her belly. I'll need to be doing that for him soon, or on his bad days, he is quite weak in one hind leg sometimes.